Tutorial: How to Create an Ad Zone
So you've signed up for an account, your website has been approved, and now you want to know how to create your first ad zone. This step-by-step guide will show you exactly how to get started.
1. Login to your account and go to Publishers » Dashboard by hovering your email address in the top-right corner.
Then hover Invetory and click the Add Inventory button
2. On this page, you will enter the details of your ads that will appear in this ad zone. For this step, you will enter your ad zone's Title and various other settings.
- Title is a descriptive title of this ad zone. This helps the advertiser understand exactly which zone on your site that he/she is purchasing.
- Medium determines the type of property, either website, or desktop app, or mobile app - BuySellAds covers almost every medium out there, the most common being website.
- Templates allows you to select the type of ad zone: either image-only, or image+text, or text+description.
- Payment model has two options, flat fee for 30 days or CPM (Per 1K Imps).
- Cost: You determine how much you're going to charge for an ad spot on that ad zone.
- Location is the approximate location of where the ad will appear on your site (.i.e. Top Left, Middle Right, etc.)
- Image Size is the size of the ad in pixels. If you want this to be a custom size, you will select Other from the drop-down menu to enter your custom size. For this example, the size of the ad is 125x125 pixels.
- Notes, at the bottom of the page, is for you to add more information about where exactly this zone is located or any special instructions you want to give the advertiser regarding that zone.
Banners is the amount of ads that will be displayed in this zone at the same time.
Max Banners is the number of ads that are available to purchase in this ad zone. If the number of Max Banners is greater than the number you have in Banners, then the ads will be rotated and will share the impressions in that space. So if you do not want any ad rotation, just make sure that your Banners and Max Banners have the same amount in those fields. For example, if you want 4 banners displayed on your site in this zone, and you want to have 4 available spots to purchase so no ads are rotated, you would put 4 in Banners and 4 in Max Banners. On the other hand, if you have a 728x90 ad zone and you want only 1 ad displayed at a time (Banners), but you want 4 total ads in that zone (Max Banners), then those 4 ads would be rotated and would share the total amount of impressions for that zone. This will decrease the impressions for each advertiser in that zone since they would each get 1/4 of the total impressions when the ads are sold out, so you would need to set the price accordingly.
4. Advanced Options
You will also notice an Advanced Options link at the bottom of this page. When you click on this, 2 more fields are displayed which give you a some extra options, but those are described in detail on that page, so I will refrain from going into those here (and save you from the apprehension you might have felt when glancing at a tutorial that is way too long to read. ;))
This concludes what you need to know about how to Create Your Ad Zone. The next step is to Install Your Ad Code for the zone you just created. If you need help with this next step, this tutorial will help you.
- Which ad size should I use for my zones?
- Does it cost me money to cashout my earnings?
- Do you send any information on income received through the year for taxes?
- Third Party Developers
- How does the waiting list work?
- I use Smarty Templates, and when I add in the ad code it doesn’t work.
- What are estimated impressions?
- What is the minimum amount I can cashout?
- Can I use AdSense in conjunction with ads from BSA?
- Tutorial: How to Create an Ad Zone
- Tutorial: How to Install Your Ad Code
- Tutorial: How to Price and Place Your Ads
- Why is my pending amount less than the price of the ad?
- One browser is displaying my BSA ads, but the other isn't. Why is that?
- I installed my ad code, but my ad zones aren't showing up on my site.
- My ads keep floating left and I don't want them to. How do I fix this?
- My ads are not floating left like I want them to and are displaying vertically. How do I fix this?
- Do you allow filler ad code from other ad networks such as Adsense?
- I clicked on "Update Public Stats", but my Facebook stats won't update.
- I increased my prices, but some advertisers are still paying the old price. Why is that?
- I tried to decrease the price of my ad zone, but the system wouldn't allow it. How can I do this?
- I am a new Publisher, and I need some assistance on how to price my ads.
- Can you give me some tips on how I can increase my ad sales?
- Is there a way to display a CTR average for my zones on the Ad Detail page?
- I am changing the design of my site. How do I change the sizes of zones with live ads?
- Why aren't my ad zones showing up for sale on my Ad Detail page?
- Why is the Transaction History and Earnings total for the same time frame slightly different?
- I just sold an ad. Why isn't the payment from the sale in my account yet?
- I am selling my website. How does this process work if I have live ads on my website?
- Can I sell Twitter ads even if I do not have a website in your network?
- My Facebook, Twitter and other third-party stats are not correct. How do I update these?
- My website was recently accepted, but I do not see any impressions estimated yet?
- I just approved an ad that was sold, but the ad is not appearing on my site.
- CPM - Getting started
- How do I change my Cashout settings?
- Do you allow in-house ads so that I can display some of my own ads for free?
- How do I customize the "Advertise Here" banner on my site?
- I do not see the CPM ad option in my account. Is this option available for all accounts?
- I plan to discontinue one of my ad zones, but there are live ads still in this zone.
- Can publishers offer ad discounts or introductory offers for their ads?
- I do not understand the meaning of Banners and Max Banners. Can you explain?
- How long will the funds remain in pending for an ad I just sold?
- How can I remove the "Advertise Here" box that appears on my site?
- My ad zone is setup to display four ads, but only one "Advertise Here" box is appearing.
- The screenshot for my website is not appearing. How do I fix this?
- My RSS stats are not updating on my Ad Detail page. How can I fix this?
- The estimated impressions for my site are lower than they appear in Google. Why is this?
- Site Key - What is my Site Key for the WordPress Plugin?
- Do you have a WordPress plugin I can use to publish my ads?
- Why does your ad code checker say that I have my code installed incorrectly?
- DFP Integration
- I received an email from the Google Adsense crawler. What does this mean?