I am selling my website. How does this process work if I have live ads on my website?
If you are thinking of selling your website or if you are already in the process of making a sale, it is important that you take the proper steps to ensure that the advertisers that have already paid for ads get their promised impressions.
It is also advised that you include the established ad spots in the sale of your website. This can possibly increase the price you are asking for your website since you would be selling it along with established ad spots and advertisers - which is income that the new owner will be receiving once the website is in their hands. It takes time to establish advertisers, so including ad spots and advertisers in your sale can be a big benefit to interested buyers.
We make this process very easy. You get to keep your BSA account and all of the transactions you have made so far, and then we just transfer the website itself from your account to the new owner's account. You keep the income from the ads already sold, and then after the transfer, the new owner will get the income from ads sold from that point on.
If you still decide to sell the website without transferring it from your BSA account to the new owner's BSA account, you will want to make sure that in your sales contract you state that the new owner will need to keep the BSA ad code up until the last ad is served on the site. Since those advertisers already paid for their 30-day cycle, it is your obligation as the website owner to make sure that they receive what they paid for, even during the transfer to the new owner.
Although, it is much easier and probably more beneficial for the sale of your website to transfer the website from your BSA account to the new owner's BSA account. (If the new owner does not have a BSA account yet, he/she can sign up for a free account and it just takes a minute.) Then all you have to do is send us an email from your account email and let us know the BSA account email of the new owner to transfer the website to. That's it!
- Which ad size should I use for my zones?
- Does it cost me money to cashout my earnings?
- Do you send any information on income received through the year for taxes?
- Third Party Developers
- How does the waiting list work?
- I use Smarty Templates, and when I add in the ad code it doesn’t work.
- What are estimated impressions?
- What is the minimum amount I can cashout?
- Can I use AdSense in conjunction with ads from BSA?
- Tutorial: How to Create an Ad Zone
- Tutorial: How to Install Your Ad Code
- Tutorial: How to Price and Place Your Ads
- Why is my pending amount less than the price of the ad?
- One browser is displaying my BSA ads, but the other isn't. Why is that?
- I installed my ad code, but my ad zones aren't showing up on my site.
- My ads keep floating left and I don't want them to. How do I fix this?
- My ads are not floating left like I want them to and are displaying vertically. How do I fix this?
- Do you allow filler ad code from other ad networks such as Adsense?
- I clicked on "Update Public Stats", but my Facebook stats won't update.
- I increased my prices, but some advertisers are still paying the old price. Why is that?
- I tried to decrease the price of my ad zone, but the system wouldn't allow it. How can I do this?
- I am a new Publisher, and I need some assistance on how to price my ads.
- Can you give me some tips on how I can increase my ad sales?
- Is there a way to display a CTR average for my zones on the Ad Detail page?
- I am changing the design of my site. How do I change the sizes of zones with live ads?
- Why aren't my ad zones showing up for sale on my Ad Detail page?
- Why is the Transaction History and Earnings total for the same time frame slightly different?
- I just sold an ad. Why isn't the payment from the sale in my account yet?
- I am selling my website. How does this process work if I have live ads on my website?
- Can I sell Twitter ads even if I do not have a website in your network?
- My Facebook, Twitter and other third-party stats are not correct. How do I update these?
- My website was recently accepted, but I do not see any impressions estimated yet?
- I just approved an ad that was sold, but the ad is not appearing on my site.
- CPM - Getting started
- How do I change my Cashout settings?
- Do you allow in-house ads so that I can display some of my own ads for free?
- How do I customize the "Advertise Here" banner on my site?
- I do not see the CPM ad option in my account. Is this option available for all accounts?
- I plan to discontinue one of my ad zones, but there are live ads still in this zone.
- Can publishers offer ad discounts or introductory offers for their ads?
- I do not understand the meaning of Banners and Max Banners. Can you explain?
- How long will the funds remain in pending for an ad I just sold?
- How can I remove the "Advertise Here" box that appears on my site?
- My ad zone is setup to display four ads, but only one "Advertise Here" box is appearing.
- The screenshot for my website is not appearing. How do I fix this?
- My RSS stats are not updating on my Ad Detail page. How can I fix this?
- The estimated impressions for my site are lower than they appear in Google. Why is this?
- Site Key - What is my Site Key for the WordPress Plugin?
- Do you have a WordPress plugin I can use to publish my ads?
- Why does your ad code checker say that I have my code installed incorrectly?
- DFP Integration
- I received an email from the Google Adsense crawler. What does this mean?